- Cambodia’s Curse: The Modern History of a Troubled Land by Joel Brinkley (PublicAffairs)
- China in Ten Words by Yu Hua (Pantheon Books)
- Deng Xiaoping and the Transformation of China by Ezra Vogel (Belknap Press of Harvard University Press)
- Water: Asia’s New Battleground by Brahma Chellaney (Georgetown University Press)
- Where China Meets India: Burma and the New Crossroads of Asia by Thant Myint-U (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
For more information, including the list of judges, click here.